Sunday, March 3, 2013

Better Late Than Never

What's that? I signed up for an e-course on lighting? OH... right. I did do that. And just like I said back in August, if I didn't finish before September, I might not finish until Christmas. Now Christmas has come and gone, it's March and I'm only working on my second assignment. But here it is none the less.

The task for this assignment was to experiment with white balance using a regular bulb and a daylight bulb. I was familiar with white balance and I'll admit I've been guilty of purposely using the wrong white balance to get a "cool", blue effect on my photos (that was a long time ago I swear), but daylight bulbs were news to me (hardware stores intimidate me, I don't like to spend time there). Since buying a couple we have actually used them quite a few times for small projects around our very dimly lit apartment and until we can finally move somewhere with more than two windows, I'm happy to have daylight bulbs around. They definitely have an effect on the colour of the photo as you can see in the photos above.


This photo did not turn out very well, but I like the contrast of the daylight bulb in the lamp on the right and the light on the left coming from the normal bulbs in our kitchen. My poor aloe plant probably just wants some real sunlight, come on spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment