Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving


Today is Thanksgiving Monday and although it doesn't quite feel like Thanksgiving to me (despite an abundance of Turkey Dinners) I am so thankful for a holiday and an extra day off at home. The sun has been shining all weekend and it has been so very warm, last night we were even sitting outside on the patio at five o'clock. I can't remember ever doing that on a Thanksgiving weekend! The leaves are slowly turning more shades of yellow, orange and red every day and I have been on pumpkin-spice overload. I made a trip to David's tea on Friday night to pick up some pumpkin chai and made pumpkin-spice baked oatmeal for breakfast yesterday. It was delicious. I am fully ready to embrace fall and am not sure how I feel about this warm weather, but I am trying to enjoy it as well.

Yesterday we bought a pumpkin at the grocery store and then as soon as we got home I realized my own excitement duped me out of a trip to the pumpkin patch! But really, we do need two pumpkins to keep up the annual pumpkin carving competition we started last year. Perhaps next weekend... Today should be a busy (but hopefully also relaxing) day at home filled with cups and cups of pumpkin spice chai, a lot of homeworking, a little web designing and some future-planning, and maybe a seasonal playlist or two to drown out the sound of the washing machine because apparently chores need to be done too!

1. The sun
2. Somebody's happy to see me
3. Perhaps a new Sunday breakfast tradition, a Norwegian plate and a Swedish mug
4 & 5. A pumpkin-spice breakfast for two
6. My future jack-o-lantern
7. The moon

No comments:

Post a Comment