Saturday, September 1, 2012

Reaching New Heights

Last weekend I managed (I'm not really sure how!) to hike to the top of Alouette Mountain with my parents and my sister and brother-in-law. It was a very long 10 hour hike and getting to the top was only half of it! We were exhausted when we got there, but we were able to enjoy some spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and the lower mainland before beginning the slow hike down. Since Alouette is a bit east of Vancouver it's much less crowded than some of the more popular coast mountain hikes and was a nice, quiet (if long and steep) trail to hike on a Sunday. Of course, I certainly won't be doing it again any time soon (or ever)! I had to push myself far past "survivor mode" to get up and down and I was sure tired when I got home and extremely stiff the next day. My muscles did not know what hit them.
1. The summit of Alouette 2. Sun peeking through the trees 3. X marks the spot 4. The littlest mountaineer getting pumped 5. Family at the top 6. A beautiful view

Photos taken with a Panasonic Lumix GF1 and edited with Photoshop and RadLab.

No comments:

Post a Comment