Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Paris je t'aime

Champs-Élysées
Walking in Paris
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
Couple holding hands in front of Notre Dame
I've spent the last few days, when not at work, listening obsessively to French music, watching Amelie and dreaming about eating croissants for breakfast and indulging in baguettes and Camembert as much as possible.

We were in Paris in November of 2010. It wasn't a whirlwind of romance like in the movies, it was cold and I was layering every item of clothing I owned. We slept in a small dorm room in a hostel in Montmartre with two beds, four bunks. I woke up every day at 8 am and hopped in the shower so I could get dressed and ready before waking Matt up for breakfast. We ate a croissant with breakfast every day (that part was heaven). Because we were on a budget and Paris can be expensive, we only had a short period of time there. We purchased the four day museum pass and since I was determined to get our money's worth, we may have spent a significant amount of time in museums and art gallery's we weren't particularly interested in.

Looking at these pictures I've realized all of them, except the one of me walking, have a top tourist attraction in them. I'd love to go back and spend more time there, just wandering the streets taking pictures of everyday things and soaking in the atmosphere, with absolutely no where to go and no "sights" to see. It won't be for a while but I'm planning a trip, preferably an extended one with a few language classes involved, to France. For now I'll just listen to more French music and try to pick up a few words here and there. 

Bonne nuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment